- Feminized Seeds
Hemp flowers, also known as CBD flowers or buds, are produced by female hemp plants. When it comes to smell and appearance, hemp is closely related to marijuana; however, they are actually very different. Hemp flowers contain flavonoids, terpenes, and cannabidiol (CBD) with low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Because THC levels are so low in hemp, people will experience no psychoactive side effects.
Conversely, marijuana buds have high THC levels and therefore have mind-altering properties. As such, hemp flowers have more health benefits and are generally safe with minimal side effects. Legal hemp must contain no more than 0.3 percent THC dry weight.
Benefits of Growing Hemp Flowers
Rising Consumer Demand for Smokable Hemp Flower
Hemp flower is increasing in popularity because of its psychological, emotional, and physical benefits. People can enjoy the benefits of CBD without any psychotropic effects. Moreover, CBD may treat symptoms of multiple sclerosis, arthritis, chronic pain, inflammation, and epilepsy. Hemp buds also contain enjoyable terpenes making it attractive for recreational consumers, as well.
Smoking hemp flowers enables the user to feel the calming effects of CBD immediately because the CBD passes quickly through the lungs and directly into the bloodstream. Therefore, the user gets the full spectrum of CBD by smoking the hemp bud.
High Return on Investment (ROI)
Growing hemp flower is a profitable venture. Depending on genetics and farming methods, hemp can yield 1000- 3000 pounds of biomass. The yield per acre can increase when processed and refined. High-quality hemp strains contain about 10 percent CBD concentration of the hemp flowers total dry weight. The hemp flowers sell for around $300 to $450 per pound while the biomass sells for about $30 to $75 per pound. To determine the CBD produced per acre, the farmer should first determine the amount of CBD in the flower mass of one plant by taking the weight of the flower mass and dividing it by 10 percent.
For example, if a farmer produces two pounds of flower mass from each hemp plant:
2 lbs of flower mass X .1 = .2 lbs of CBD per flower.
The grower can then take the number of hemp plants grown in an acre and multiply them with the amount of CBD per flower. If the farmer cultivates 2400 plants per acre, the equation would be:
.2 lbs of CBD per flower X 2400 plants per acre = 480 pounds of CBD per hemp acre.
To increase and maintain productivity, hemp farmers must practice good cultivation practices. Apart from using high-quality seeds with the best genetics, they must also maintain a stress-free growing environment and properly spacing the hemp plants. Hemp flowers give a high ROI to farmers willing to bear the challenges and risks of hemp flower growing.
CBD Market Growth
The demand for hemp flower products is rising at a significant rate. The growth is due to the need for plant-based medication as well as the increase of mood-related neurological disorders. The prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer and diabetes, also fuels market growth. Research in plant-based medicines and pain relief further boosts the CBD market growth. Moreover, the legalization of hemp plays a significant role in the CBD market outlook.
Experts expect market expansion at a rate of 31.90 percent between 2020 to 2027. North America will have the most substantial percentage of the CBD market due to the legalization of cannabis and the increasing knowledge of the benefits of CBD. The smokable hemp flower market was around $71 million by the end of 2019, an increase of 500 percent from 2018. The growing demand for hemp flowers is promising to cannabis farmers.
Types of CBD Hemp Products
- Smokable Hemp Flower: Consumers can roll dried CBD flower in a hemp paper and smoke it like a regular cigarette. It is enjoyable to smoke CBD joints wrapped with rolling paper and is better than cigarettes. They may also use pipes or other smoking devices to smoke hemp flower.
- Edibles: Product manufacturers and consumers can make hemp edibles by infusing CBD-rich hemp flower into food. Some common edibles include baked goods, chocolates, caramels, and gummies. They take time to be absorbed into the body and have a great taste and a variety of flavors. They are an excellent option for those who don’t like the earthy taste of CBD oils.
- Capsules and Pills: This form takes longer to absorb into the body, which means the effects take longer to feel. Pills are convenient because users only need to swallow them. However, some compounds are not as bioavailable and may, therefore, get lost during digestion. They help with sleep deprivation, seizure disorders, and digestive problems.
- Creams and Lotions: Lotions, creams, salves, and balms made with CBD oils relieve muscle and joint pain. They absorb into cannabinoid skin receptors to deliver targeted relief.
- Vapes: Consumers can vaporize specially-produced CBD oils using vape pens or electronic cigarettes. Vaporized CBD quickly moves to the bloodstream and is a potent and tasty way of consuming CBD.
Why Choose Feminized Seeds for CBD Farming
Breeders produce feminized seeds by carefully breeding female plants. Thanks to this precise strategy, these female-only plants produce female-only seeds. Because they include no pollinating male plants, female hemp plants can produce large amounts of CBD in its flowers. High-quality feminized hemp seeds ensure that all plants produce copious amounts of terpenes and cannabinoids without producing seeds or undesirable male plants. Additionally, feminized plants are resilient and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
Bottom Line About Hemp Flowers
The hemp plant is hardy and easy to grow. However, growers should still practice careful cultivation to produce potent flowers. Growers must master and understand growing variables such as soil makeup and pH levels to produce high CBD yields.
Notably, growing hemp flowers is more lucrative than grain or fiber hemp farming. Quality hemp flowers sell at high prices, making it beneficial to farmers willing to put in the work, thus a high CBD hemp ROI.
Fortuna Hemp is a world-leading feminized hemp seed bank with fully compliant CBD hemp seeds. Buy our seeds today to get the best experience.
Are you thinking about starting a CBD hemp farm? Contact us today for affordable hemp consultation services from our expert hemp breeders.